What is Anti-Inflammatory Diet ?
Inflammation is a natural response of your immune system to viruses and bacteria when the body tries to neutralize them. But for many people inflammation becomes chronic. Most of the deseases that we know today are caused by inflammation. Headache, depression, anxiety, problems with thyroid, autoimmune diseases, digestive problems, cancer, heart disease and arthritis – all these deseases develop because of inflammation.
Balanced level or inflammation contributes to your well-being. You can prevent inflammation by following the anti-inflammatory diet plan. This diet not only improves your health but also slows down the aging process by stabilizing blood sugar and speeding up metabolism.
The problem is that many people are confused about this diet and do not know where to start. In this book you can find the most important information about the anti-inflammatory diet, tips and facts. You will know how to start following the diet right and how to make this process easy.
One of the main principles of the anti-inflammatory is drinking lots of clean water. Main products are fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and all products that contain healthy fats. Studies show that high intake of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, healthy oils, and fish may lower risk of inflammation-related illnesses. In addition, all these products contain antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, they have anti-inflammatory effects.
10 Main Principles of the Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Consume at least 25 grams of fiber every day.
- Eat at least 9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Eat 4 servings of onion and cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, radish, turnip, radish, horseradish) every week.
- Limit saturated fat intake to10% of your daily calorie intake.
- Consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eat fish at least three times a week.
- Use cooking oils containing healthy fats.
- Eat healthy snacks twice a day (such as nuts, vegetables, and fruits).
- Avoid processed foods and refined sugars.
- Avoid foods with trans fats.
7 Products that have anti-inflammatory properties
Include them in your diet to keep your body healthy.
- Berries. Berries contain big amount of antioxidants that help fight inflammation from the inside. In addition, antioxidants strengthen the immune system and increase helps the body fight the inflammation.
- Broccoli. Regular consumption of broccoli improves heart and blood vessels health. Broccoli contains an antioxidant called “sulforaphane”, which strengthens the immune system.
- Avocado. Avocados contain healthy fats and vitamins as well as potassium, magnesium, fiber, and many other healthy nutrients. They can prevent cancer and help the body fight internal inflammation.
- Olive oil. Add olive oil to vegetable salads and other dishes. The oil contains polyphenols, beneficial acids and fats, antioxidants, which strengthen the immune system.
- Green tea. It is a valuable source of antioxidants. The regular consumption helps the organs to function normally.
- Cocoa. Cocoa contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. They reduce the risk of heart and blood vessels desease.
- Ginger. It fights internal inflammation and strengthens the immune system. Ginger helps to fight cancer, indigestion and diabetes.
What products you should avoid
Sugar can activate inflammatory signals that cause inflammation in the body.
Several studies have shown that saturated fat leads to inflammation of adipose tissue, which can lead to heart disease and increase inflammation.
Doctors say that regular trans fats consumption can cause chronic inflammation.
Consumption of refined carbohydrates
Such as cakes, pasta and cookies can lead to inflammatory diseases.
Gluten proteins is a threat to the body for people with gluten or celiac sensitivity. These proteins trigger an immune response that attacks difestive organs and as a result causes chronic digestion problems and can lead to autoimmune disorders.
Dairy products and casein
If you are lactose sensitive, dairy products can contribute to inflammation in the body. Casein is also on the list of inflammatory products. Casein proteins found in dairy products have a similar structure to gluten, and doctors suspect that it can lead to a number of health problems.
Alcohol can lead to many diseases and disorders, some of which are associated with inflammation.
Benefits of Anti-inflammatory Diet
- You will more energy. As you will limit sugar intake and eat more cereals and grain you will have more energy during the day. While sugar gives you a lift that quickly fades away, cereals digest slowly and gives you more energy.
- You will lose some weight. The anti-inflammatory diet is aimed at improving health, so weight loss is an additional effect. Studies show that people who followed this diet lost more weight than those who decided to simply reduce calories intake in their menu.
- You will become happier. Some studies showed that antiinflammatory diet can really boost the level of happiness and improve your mood. Scientists observed a group of people with depression for 12 weeks. They noted that those who followed anti-inflammatory diet felt better in the end.
- The diet can help fight arthritis. Anti-inflammatory diet can improve joint health and help reduce some of the painful symptoms of arthritis. Although there is no diet that treats arthritis, certain foods can fight inflammation, strengthen bones, and boost the immune system.
- It slows aging. Berries rich in antioxidants are some of the best anti-inflammatory foods, and it can slow aging. Some researches showed that higher berries intake delayed brain aging for two and a half years. The most useful berries are blueberries and strawberries.
Tips for Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Here are the most important tips for you to get started:
- Have a meal plan ready. Plan your weekly menu ahead, go shopping and have all the products ready. It will be easier for you to eat healthy and to avoin unhealthy snacks.
- Create a shopping list for a week. If you have a list of products ready you will feel less tempted to buy less healthy products.
- Drink more water. It is important to stay hydrated if you want to reduce inflammation. Water helps you to stay more energetic and improve overall health.
- Always have healthy snacks at home. Keep nuts, fruits and berries at hand.
- Diversify the menu. Eat a variety of vegetables, fruits and healthy fats, thus, you will not get bored.