Put the power of heart health in your hands.
Herbalife teamed with
Nobel Laureate in Medicine†, Dr. Lou Ignarro, to develop Core Complex, a multi-action,
scientifically advanced daily supplement pack that targets four key indicators of cardiovascular health:
Each of the key ingredients has been clinically shown to individually support heart and cardiovascular health:*
Each Core Complex packette includes:
- Plant sterols and stanols, the active ingredient in Core Complex, have been shown to reduce LDL
("bad") and total cholesterol by blocking cholesterol absorption. Plant Sterols are compounds
that can be found in whole soybeans and other whole grains and in healthy vegetable oils.
A packette of Core Complex supplies 1.3 grams of vegetable oil sterol esters.
Foods containing at least 0.65 gram per serving of vegetable oil sterol esters, eaten twice a day with
meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 grams, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and
cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Essential Fatty Acids:
- Fish Oils: Consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce
the risk of coronary heart disease. FDA evaluated the data and determined that, although there
is scientific evidence supporting the claim, the evidence is not conclusive. Omega-3 fatty acids
help to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining cholesterol and triglyceride
levels already within a normal range.*
- 100% Pure Neptune Krill Oil (NKO®) is a proprietary natural ingredient
providing three significant groups of heart-healthy compounds: Omega-3 fatty acids,
phospholipids, and antioxidants. These three nutrients work together to support the heart
muscle, protect the health of cell membranes, and to maintain cholesterol and triglyceride levels
already within a normal range.*
- Mixed Tocopherols and Quercetin provide superior antioxidant protection for the heart.
A balanced combination of mixed tocopherols with natural vitamin E offer stronger antioxidant
protection than vitamin E alone. Antioxidants support circulation and strengthen blood vessels.*
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is an important nutrient required for energy production, such as the energy
required to support the heart muscle.*
- B Vitamins help to maintain healthy homocysteine levels that are already within a normal range.*
Taken together, the six softgels in Core
Complex provide a convenient and
comprehensive solution to support your heart
- 2 brown softgels of plant sterols and B vitamins
- 1 green softgel of mixed tocopherols, quercetin and alpha lipoic acid
- 1 burgundy softgel of Tri-Shield with Neptune Krill Oil (NKO®)†
- 2 gold softgels of Herbalife-line fish oils with Omega- 3 fatty acids
- Plant sterols, found in soybeans, have been shown to reduce LDL (“bad cholesterol”) and total cholesterol.*
Foods containing at least 0.65 gram per serving of plant
sterols, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total
intake of at least 1.3 grams, as part of a diet low in
saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of
- Provides antioxidant protection to support circulation and healthy blood vessels.*
- B vitamins help maintain healthy homocysteine levels already within the normal range.*
- Each carton contains 30 convenient packettes so it’s easy to get the heart healthy nutrients you need each day.
Did You Know?
The first step in heart health is understanding risk factors such as:
What are desirable numbers?
- Total Cholesterol:
A type of fat made by your body and found in foods
- HDL ("good" cholesterol):
Removes excess cholesterol from your arteries
- LDL ("bad" cholesterol):
Contributes to the build-up of fat in your arteries, which
can cause decreased oxygen and nutrients to your heart
and other organs
Another form of fat that can indicate other potential problems
such as high cholesterol
In excess, this amino acid is another risk factor for
- Blood pressure:
An indicator of how hard your heart is pumping;
high blood pressure can lead to heart attacks or stroke
* Based on NCEP ATP III
|Total Cholesterol (TC)
||< 200 mg/dL
||> 40 mg/dL
||< 130 mg/dL
||< 150 mg/dL
||< 6.3 mmol/L †
||< 120 / 80 mmHg §
† Based on Circulation 1995
§ Based on JNC7
- Developed with and exclusively endorsed by Nobel Laureate in Medicine, Dr. Lou Ignarro.†
- Tri-Shield™ Neptune Krill Oil (NKO) provides three significant heart-healthy compounds - Omega-3 fatty acids,
phospholipids and antioxidants such as astaxanthin - for nutrient and antioxidant absorption.
- Consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.***
- Mixed tocopherols and quercetin provide antioxidant protection to help support circulation and healthy blood vessels.*
- Alpha lipoic acid is an important nutrient required for energy production, such as the energy required to support the heart muscle.*
- Each carton contains 30 convenient packettes so it’s easy to get the heart-healthy nutrients you need each day.
Take 1 packette per day with a meal and set aside 1 brown plant sterols capsule for consumption with a later meal.
|* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This dietary supplement is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|
** Products and descriptions on this page are given for the United States. In other countries these products and their descriptions may slightly differ with a name, composition and guantity.
† The Nobel Prize is a registered trademark of The Nobel Foundation. The Nobel Foundation has no affiliation
with Herbalife and does not review, approve or
endorse Herbalife products.
†NKO® is a registered trademark of Neptune
Technologies and Bioressources Inc.
*** Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of antioxidant vitamins may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer.
However, FDA evaluated the data and determined that
although there is scientific evidence
supporting the claim, the evidence is not